Bike Identification/era help

Tom Green Bike

Retro Newbie
Hi, first post, just wondering if someone could help me. I have, a raleigh but i got it sprayed before is checked for the id codes (i know, I'm an idiot). All i have to go on is a raleigh stamp on the seat stays and the brake cable runs through the top tube. Does anyone know the era/frame with this much to go on?
Many thanks

Nice saddle is that a Swallow?

To add a photo chose the file in the "Chose File" box next to Filename then you need to click on the "Add the file" box below that next to the "File comment" box ????? :shock: :LOL:

Yes Bugloss, haven't had it long, but first few rides and it already feels great. Its quite a different experience from the relatively padded saddle i had before. Just ned to get a better colour match on the bar tape. Still having a nightmare finding a Raleigh with the through tube cabling

Well out of my depth on British bikes, sorry.

I'm more Italian 80's :cool: , with a touch of Belgium early 80's :cool: :cool: .... type.

I'm looking at getting a Swallow though.

Nice one, I am really getting in to all of them to be honest. Learning a lot from all of these forums! I recommend the saddle though. Its a bit pricey but i think they are worth it.

Interesting frame...........internal cable routing for the rear brake yet has brakes held on with nuts and not allen keys. Deffo says raleigh in the seat stays though. I wondered if it was American (Raleigh Marathon) at first but may well be a later Record / Record Ace ?

Shaun

Those black and gold Records are awesome. Looked at some pics but still can't find one with the Internal cable routing. The search continues. Thanks a lot for your input though.

Latest posts

Back