Sunday 1st Sept

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As I can't make the "Escape from Doncatraz" ride organised by our southern relatives I'm off out on sunday aft (got to go into work Sun am) to reccy a little loop I've been slowly putting together that may appear on the Calender later in the year , this is the first time I'll have done this full loop so will log it for a proper mileage . Starts in between Bramley and Pudsey and is about 20>25 miles long taking in a number of bridleways and woods between Leeds n Bradford , if anyone's at a loose end some company's always good so let me know . I'm planning on setting off about 1ish .
Matthew

Well it all worked out ok and clocked in at 19 miles , I can add or shorten slightly if required, if Marc or Vern want the GPX file to check it out then let me have a email add please . If we're going to use it as a retroride it would be good to get it in before it gets too wet as some of the wooded bits could get slightly sticky but it'll need quite a lot of rain to make it a gooey mess .
Over to you Mr Moderators to decide if you want to slot it in the calender somewhere .
Dinner break will be at the Woolpack BTW (the original one from Emmerdale.
Matthew

Hi Matthew

Sounds like it could be a good ride but... what's a GPX file and what would I do with it ? :LOL:

I work with paper maps none of this modern tat ;)

If you could plot it on just go ride or something similar, it would help an old luddite to understand,

cheers mate

Vern , just had a look at Just Go Ride , if I send you the gpx file you can upload it into just go ride youreself and see it .
Matthew

Matthews":3uuh1t77 said:
Vern , just had a look at Just Go Ride , if I send you the gpx file you can upload it into just go ride youreself and see it .
Matthew

Ok will pm you my email address

cheers kaya

GPX files eh? yeah, i'm a "left at the tree, right at the puddle" guy myself. ;)

Thanks matthew, sounds like a spring/summer ride with vicinity to river and wooded trails that can stay damp, although we have knobbly tyres for a reason. I will attempt to hook up with you at some point to rubber stamp it.

Sept/oct is quite busy for me, november perhaps....will have to see.

cheers mate.

Latest posts

Back