Saturday 14th September - Meet up at Hook Norton

Harry Porter":o939vgbt said:
Evening All,

I have got a voucher for a tour of Hook Norton's brewery somewhere. I'll have a rummage if anyone wants it.

It's about 50m from me to the Pear Tree, which is just my sort of distance. The trouble is with the 50m back again which I fear is not.

Even so, still two weeks to get some practice in. :roll:

Ken

You are more than welcome to tag along Ken. I was thinking of 3 hours down and the same back, so 17 ish average.

grumpycommuter":2r8i362i said:
You are more than welcome to tag along Ken. I was thinking of 3 hours down and the same back, so 17 ish average.
:eek:
17mph is more like my max than my average. If that's what you've got in mind, I may follow in the illustrious wheel tracks of Maurice Garin and tackle the return stretch by train.

Harry Porter":2d9e5lo5 said:
Daj, When I said 50m, I meant 50 miles.

Ooooooowwww in that case you better get your arse in gear :LOL: :LOL:

Can always drive over to Stow?

not sure what i am doing that weekend,there is the peak ride , karls ride to the cotswolds and the bucks 100 ride on the sunday.i will have a think about it over the weekend.one thing putting me of the cotswold ride is that i will have to look at karls poxy green ctc jersey for several hours

matthew71":30aeswl4 said:
not sure what i am doing that weekend,there is the peak ride , karls ride to the cotswolds and the bucks 100 ride on the sunday.i will have a think about it over the weekend.one thing putting me of the cotswold ride is that i will have to look at karls poxy green ctc jersey for several hours

i'll wear my pink one if that swings it for you...

Usually I get told about arse and gear during and after the ride, but not before. :D

That is a cunning ruse about using the car. :idea: Ideally, I could hide it behind the pub, ride a lap of the block and claim an average of 17mph. :idea:

Seriously though, I will be cheating somehow because I doubt I'm up for the century.

grumpycommuter":3ub62znq said:
matthew71":3ub62znq said:

i'll wear my pink one if that swings it for you...

Now you mention swinging....thats tempting

Harry Porter":197dgaxb said:
Usually I get told about arse and gear during and after the ride, but not before. :D

That is a cunning ruse about using the car. :idea: Ideally, I could hide it behind the pub, ride a lap of the block and claim an average of 17mph. :idea:

Seriously though, I will be cheating somehow because I doubt I'm up for the century.

Driving to Dave's would be a good option then, given the excellent parking and an outside chance of a cuppa before we set off :)

The ride over tp Hooky from Stow will be nice and undulating without any real stonking hills. Round trip will be about a 50-60 mile ride.

I'll still be cycling over from Chelters though in case any one fancies a longer ride from there (though the ride up to Stow is a bit tough).

Back