Alpinestars Al Mega 17.5" Frame/Forks - Offers taken!

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
17.5" Alpinestars Al Mega Frame. Complete with 1.25" headset and Alpinestars Seat Collar/Rear Canti Hanger.

The Bad Bits:

It's cracked :(. The crack is a t-shape and is on the back of the seat tube. I have removed the paint to make the crack easy to see.

It WAS virtually NOS, but customs got their grubby mitts on it when it was on it's way to me, and it now has a few battle scars from when they repacked it by what seems to be just throwing everything back into the box from about 10 feet away :shock: :roll:. I have pictured the scars. The mark on the chainstay is from them putting the front wheel back in the wrong way around (it was only padded on one side). The bike then obviously had no protection between wheel and frame. Luckily the wheels came away unscathed.

The Good Bits

The crack is easily repaired, and I have already received a quote of £60 for the work, from BETD. You are welcome to phone them to check.

The paint has not faded, and apart from the fight that it had with customs, it's in great shape and the neon is still as eye-popping as it was back in '91!

The forks (for sale separately, but will do them as a bundle with the frame) are perfect. Any marks on them are dirt/oil. Decals are intact. Dropouts are intact.

Frame £110 Posted to UK
Forks £35 Posted to UK
Frame/Fork Bundle £130 Posted to UK

Pics (please message me if you want some more and I'll happily take some):

P1000840.jpg

P1000847.jpg

P1000841.jpg

P1000842.jpg

P1000848.jpg

P1000849.jpg

P1000850.jpg

P1000851.jpg

P1000846.jpg

P1000843.jpg

P1000845.jpg

P1000844.jpg

al mega

hi, sorry to see your selling the frame, did costoms pay up, getting mine welded,should see it really bad but i knew that when i bought it. good luck.

drew

Re: al mega

retroman":3nvjxe6l said:
hi, sorry to see your selling the frame, did costoms pay up, getting mine welded,should see it really bad but i knew that when i bought it. good luck.

drew

Customs weren't responsible for the crack, but they were responsible for the other marks and scrapes that are pictured. I'm not even going to try to get any money back from them because it's such a long, drawn out process and it's not really worth it for the sake of a few quid, which is probably all they'd pay me :evil:

Back