Orange Formula

I had not realised it was so special (other than to me).
I have been talking about spending some time on getting (her) it back in condition.
So I will now start looking at my best options, it needs powder coating again really, so I get hold of Orange and see if they will do it.
All the kit on it is still good and the wheels just need new tyres.
Looking back, I sent my measurement away (sorry guy I am only 5'3") I got the frame, forks and stem from Orange for £900.
I had it built by the guys at the Cycle Centre in Penzance, as they used to sponsor me (When I was younger and fitter Haha!).

You have a wonderful piece of their history there - I'm sure orange will fall over themselves to help - if it's one thing the still seem to value after all these years and changes their customer service still seems to be up there with the best.

Wow, awesome to hear of another formula cropping up, looking forward to seeing some pics when you get the chance :D

I spoke to a guy at Orange and his reaction was "that's an old bike", so I'll shall strip it down and send it to them, they will determine if it's in a condition that the tubing is beyond repair. As said in previous posts it was made from road bike tubing - which I presume was thinner? And may not last the test of time (22 years).
So I suppose it's watch this space, in the mean time I'll find some photo's.

JackieO":25xzsdno said:
I spoke to a guy at Orange and his reaction was "that's an old bike", so I'll shall strip it down and send it to them, they will determine if it's in a condition that the tubing is beyond repair. As said in previous posts it was made from road bike tubing - which I presume was thinner? And may not last the test of time (22 years).
So I suppose it's watch this space, in the mean time I'll find some photo's.

It would have been built on Behalf of Orange, (to there specs, so to speak), by one of a few highly regarded uk frame builders, Tubing wise its a quality grade steel, and easy to repair if needed, and given your history with it, I would say always worth doing, your sentiment alone speaks volumes., including your sponsored racing days.

What colour was yours Black, Orange and White, or did you choose your own..?

My bike is black with the orange decals, very much like the one in the photo of the two guy racing in an earlier post.
There was not a choice of colours Formula's were black.
The feed back I am getting is really good, I thought I was just a bike fanatic, it's been great to see so many like minded individuals.
I could never imagine trading in a bike, I have two other bikes I could never sell.

JackieO":1g9x1yae said:
My bike is black with the orange decals, very much like the one in the photo of the two guy racing in an earlier post.
There was not a choice of colours Formula's were black.
The feed back I am getting is really good, I thought I was just a bike fanatic, it's been great to see so many like minded individuals.
I could never imagine trading in a bike, I have two other bikes I could never sell.

They did also do it in the team colours, but the black is just cool.

I cant wait to see it, I wonder if the builder was Dave Yates for your actual frame, given how many smaller frames he was building for other teams too, Deb Murrell etc.

Im really chuffed to hear you will never sell it too. They shouldnt have much trouble refinishing it for you, a black powder coat and be achieved Quickly and efficiently without breaking the bank... :cool:

Give your area did you ever bump into Mick Ives or Race with Miss Towl back in the day, I often shared car journeys to races and wonder if our paths had crossed before given the Penzance sponsorship...?

Attachments

• Orange Formula teamcolours Original Paint.jpg
    Orange Formula teamcolours Original Paint.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 331
A lot has happened over the past 20 odd years, Mike Ives rings a bell.
When I first started racing, there would only be four or five other females at races. So saying I was any good was not really relative - I just enjoyed it.
Great pic of your bike.

Latest posts

Back