Why haven't I seen a decent Gary Fisher bike?

Gary Fishers seem quite rare, I wanted one but gave up looking because it might have taken a year to find one.

I had USA met. red steel Tassajara which was the business but got it nicked (I was only about 16 and was absolutely bloody gutted because it took a while to save up £400 at the time!)

not sure I agree with that. the Gary Fishers in my eyes peaked around 2,000 with the aluminium alloy genesis geometry. the low end bikes had low spec components, thigh end fitted with XL, XT and XTR - you pays yer money and ......

NTDWM there is a nice 2000 XCaliber on ebay right now.
linky
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111150969206? ... 1219wt_980

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Gary Fisher RS-1...not one of the best FS bikes, but way ahead of time:
IMG_5186_zps27ec930f.jpg

Lawwill 4-bar linkage-tastic with 21 pivots in this set-up.

All the best,

I think i know what you are getting at. Gary fisher was/is one of the brands that went 'really commercial' offering bikes that offered budget stuff on many different models in all years. Despite how, when or who pedalled the brand. no pun there!

So, compared his pals bitd that do/did bespoke fabrications, you could say Gary's name was more commercial and, still is. Thus he is more associated with local bike shop offerings. Gary fishers' name is on plenty of top machines though, like the
AL-1 and mt.tam.

Before having a mosey on here back in 2009 i knew nothing of tom ritchey, joe breeze but, i could have told you a thing or two about a tassajara, greatful dead or piranha.

that's enough to reflect exposure to the bicycle retail industry whilst city/semi-rural living. ;) Above statement is a loose perspective of my own. The nearest bike shop that flogged fisher bikes was 20 miles away from me. As for walking out of a LBS with a breezer, ritchey, chris chance, bontrager.....you get the picture.

I don't think so, I looked for a while. Theres only a couple of 'proper' retro Fishers on ebay here now, nothing on gumtree. Still casually looking for one.

I have a montare and a hk2 (both proper fishers) a montare like stumpjumpers went on ebay this week for 85 quid, frame, forks, headset and the rare stem. I,m watching a 87 procaliber frame right now (that the buyer wants too much for). there are plenty about, although gumtree is probably the wrong place to look. it depends on what your looking for really. an original hookooekoo comes up once every blue moon, an original procaliber comes up once a lifetime, montares seem to come up quite regularly and there are a few tassajaras knocking about.

Back