WTD: Eccentric Bottom Bracket for 1937 BSA Tandem

STATO

Devout Dirtbag
Hi Folks,

A mate is bringing back to life a 1937 BSA tandem he found neglected in a barn and is missing the front EBB unit.

The shell is 54mm ID and around 60mm-ish width (that is a guess at the moment).

Does anyone know where he might find a suitable BB unit? i found the problem solvers one on-line but its not available in the UK and will probably be too wide at 68mm.

Cheers,
Rich.

I have one you can have for the cost of post. 60mm wide and it has both cups and a lock ring.I also have a selection of axles if you need one depending on length .Again just cost of post.
It has had some holes cut in its centre at some time.This may have been done to lighten it?

bagpuss":3hk6guq5 said:
I have one you can have for the cost of post. 60mm wide and it has both cups and a lock ring.I also have a selection of axles if you need one depending on length .Again just cost of post.
It has had some holes cut in its centre at some time.This may have been done to lighten it?
What a site this can be at times! :eek:

Something as esoteric as this and an answer comes up in 3 hours - brilliant :D

Re:

Hi Guys,

I found this post after searching for the exact same item as the original post.

Would anyone have a EBB with the same diameter (54mm) and the same width (60mm) available or even know where to possibly obtain one?

I'm in the middle of rebuilding a 1930's Chater Lea tandem and have come to a grinding halt!

Many thanks,
John

Back