Orange Formula

Took some photos of the Moutain Biker Article with a review of the Formula...hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Orange Formula Article MTBer 1990b.JPG
    Orange Formula Article MTBer 1990b.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,007
  • Orange Formula Article MTBer 1990.JPG
    Orange Formula Article MTBer 1990.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 2,006
Rich":14vgr5sn said:
I have an issue of MBI at home with a bike review of the Formula...I'll see if I can get hold of a scanner at college and download it.

A guy at the Surftracks race 1990/1991, local to Dorset had a Formula, name escapes me now, lovely bike though...

I remember that guy I think, although I am getting confused because I thought he said it was a custom orange with a Max OR tubeset. It was very nice though.

I think he might have been called Andy - He was in the bournemouth Jubilee wheelers. (christ I sound like a stalker!!)

Andy Story...yep, top bloke and his brother was pretty cool too...thanks, just needed my memory jogging..heheh, we can (orange) stalk together.. :roll:

Bump...

Loved this thread and welcome to Andy Storey with a pic of him racing at Cheddar in 92 on a rather scrummy Formula...

Now only three to trace ;)

Attachments

• orange_formula_255.jpg
    orange_formula_255.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 924
Just spotted this thread... and wow.. I realized the formula was rare but not this rare...

I'd like to fill in one of the blanks and say that I owned one of these bitd.. bought from sshokwave in notts.. bitd... seem to think I paid around 400-600 for the frameset..

I do have a 35mm negative strip with me riding it , but as yet still have not got it transfered to digital or paper.. Hoping now that it comes out ok... :)

Hopefully Orange will be able to confirm my ownership and maybe even a frame number , as I remember I ordered a new set of decals for the frame not long after I had bought it as the decals were not the best..

The decals were ordered through the bike shop , so maybe records/frame number might be traceable that way.. hope so..

I can honestly say during the short lived time it was with me ,, the formula frameset was and still is, one of the best MTB's I've ever owned...

If memory serves me correctly too , the top tube was 23" and the chainstays were 16" and seem to recall it was a 16-16.5" frame...

Unfortunately on one of our night rides out from the shop , I had a accident and managed to write it off.. at the time our bike shop mechanic told me it was non repairable (how I wished now I'd not listen to him :twisted: ( and got thrown in the skip.. :roll:

Doh!!!

Dont know if I can add anymore to this thread really , but if anyone has any questions I'll try and answer them...

Si

I have an Orange Formula, it was built for me in 1992 as at the time I could not get a bike small enough. The sad thing is, I still have the bike, but she is in a sorry state. I also use Campagnolo wheels, which I can still say are the best I've used. I had the bike built up with shimano st - loved it.

Back