ROCKYMOUNTAIN/Cannondale/Kona/Overburys/Bontrager

Re: Cannondale/Kona/Overburys/Bontrager

Bontrager, Finished in Gloss black powdercoat, with Blue and black panel decals (care of gil_m).

Unmarked paintwork, with NOS 1" Pace carbon Rc38 suspension fork fitted with Lockout feature, (exceptional fork, not easy to find in this size nor NOS)

Xt spec, including short cage rear mech, front mech and NOS thumbshifters.

Currently fitted Avid V-brakes, (moneypennys choice in the event of her other Bikes Disc brake set up.)

XT cantis and brake levers can be supplied if preferred,

Mavic M231 rims Built into "snowflake" configuration front and rear, with Hope suspension front hub (anodised blue) and XT rear, shod with Panaracer Timbuk II tyres (care of Firstflight bike U.S.A)

Turbo saddle, with Titec seatpost and Ritchey stem, and Titec handlebars, complemented with Anodised Blue Bontrager Lockon Grips.

Exceptional Unmarked condition, all contact points were new, and the bike Rocks.

Bontrager Quality and ready to ride. (size Large).

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 272
rocketboy2000":1h6fqjoi said:
what size is the blizzard? is shipping a bike to Canada outrageously expensive?

Its 18.5.

And I would have to confirm Postage prices for you. But given its EXCEPTIONAL condition, I would recommend ONLY sending it insured. And given How nice the paint is, I would ensure the packaging and frame protection would survive Nuclear fallout.

Postage at cost price on anything I sell... :cool:

sinnerman":18ykvyok said:
rocketboy2000":18ykvyok said:

Its 18.5.

And I would have to confirm Postage prices for you. But given its EXCEPTIONAL condition, I would recommend ONLY sending it insured. And given How nice the paint is, I would ensure the packaging and frame protection would survive Nuclear fallout.

i have no doubt you'd respect that machine in shipping... but its too big for my purposes.

CANNONDALE SM1000.....

It seems a shame after spending so much time and money, and help from others to recreate the artwork of this frame, going from a painstakingly drawn PDF file, to actual airbrushed artwork, for the black to white fade, NOT to build this immaculate frame into a period correct bike.

The detail and time that has gone into this sub 3.lb hand built aluminium American frame far out reaches the price advertised and the cost to recreate the paint.

In fairness the time and money simply equates getting a frame for free.... :facepalm:

It does have the Original fork too.

If anyone would perhaps like this built into a almost period correct BIKE, I think I may have most of the parts Kicking around to complete the build too, and am happy to do this if a price could be agreed. It might be nice to see this finished to be fair..... :cool:

http://www.vintagecannondale.com/year/1990/1990v2.pdf

A great website for Cannondale fans.....
http://www.vintagecannondale.com/

I hope 24pounces doesn't mind me using his BOTM winning entry of the same Example at this point. It was after all the Inspiration which sparked the Journey when I took my old bike back out of the box after all these years, and decided to refinish and rebuild to a spec and period correct example.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 190
  • SM01.jpg
    SM01.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 190
rocketboy2000":5q48419d said:
sinnerman":5q48419d said:
rocketboy2000":5q48419d said:

Its 18.5.

i have no doubt you'd respect that machine in shipping... but its too big for my purposes.

Never mind, I should point out for anybody else wanting a Quality RockyMountain, it actually measures centre to top 18.5 and center to top tube....16".... :cool:

Back