Extending a 1 1/4 threaded steerer

Woodyuk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All

I have finally manged to find a matching fork ( Took me 2 years looking ) for one of bikes problem is that the steerer is aprox 2 cm to small.... :facepalm:
Does anyone know if it is possible to extend a 1 1/4 threaded steerer ?
Any help appriciated ...

Which forks are they? Is the steerer replaceable?Will change of headset for low-stack possible?

that's my interrogation over. :)

A new steerer can be brazed or welded on if you can source the tube (assuming its steel) Any competent frame shop can do the work and the same frame shop may have the steerer too.

Peter at Ceeway still has some threaded 1 1/4 steerers (http://www.framebuilding.com/Forks.htm)
220mm overall, with 50mm threaded.

If that's not the right length, the steerer can still be cut and spliced in with an internal (28.6mm) sleeve.
Easier and less disruptive than a complete new steerer tube if the tube is brazed, and the only realistic option if the steerer is welded.

PM if you need details.

All the best,

Hi All

Thanks for the replys
The fork is the Alu fork for a Sbike
Not sure if Steerer is steel or not I will get some photos up at the weekend
I have a low stack headset but have a feeling it might not be enough :? Steerer looks like it might be replacable but not 100% Sure

Fork is same as phot below
I will get some close up photos of my fork this weekend

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 29 08.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 29 08.35.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 405
Still not managed to get the Steerer longer yet ...
Is there a way of extending the steerer into a Ahead Steerer?

Any info appricaited

I have a 1 1/4" quill to ahead type thing that should solve the problem, I have no idea where it is though :LOL:

Back