15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

Alright, I'm back after a week away and then killing my laptop. What's happening for this, do I need to book a campsite, and if so which one are we going for?

Welcome back!
Lucky traveller ;)

Just let me know where everyone is staying ( so I can book somewhere else ;) only kidding :) :)
If anyones booking/reserving just put me down for the Sat night.

Jamie

ZZ consensus is stick to the original plan and start ride from devils staircase and either do down to KLL via the reservoir an ciaran path. Then either long flat loop back via ballachulish or do the ride back up from KLL via the west highland way path then descent if the devils staircase bAck to start. The 2nd option is shorter, but Mora ascent but is rewarded with fun descent.

So campsite is the red squirrel in Glencoe, no need to book and next to the pub.

Me you an Velo sharing V`s compact 3 man tent and travelling light in my car. Man bag, mat and sleeping bag each. Times to be confirmed but prob set off from mind 1ish and get there before 4 pm. Drive back Sunday evening.

Think that's you up to speed

ROLL CALL please
Keithyr _ camper
Velo _ camper
ZZ _ camper
Jamie _ camper
...............add below.

ZZ consensus is stick to the original plan and start ride from devils staircase and either do down to KLL via the reservoir an ciaran path. Then either long flat loop back via ballachulish or do the ride back up from KLL via the west highland way path then descent if the devils staircase bAck to start. The 2nd option is shorter, but Mora ascent but is rewarded with fun descent.

So campsite is the red squirrel in Glencoe, no need to book and next to the pub.

Me you an Velo sharing V`s compact 3 man tent and travelling light in my car. Man bag, mat and sleeping bag each. Times to be confirmed but prob set off from mind 1ish and get there before 4 pm. Drive back Sunday evening.

Think that's you up to speed

ROLL CALL please
Keithyr _ camper
Velo _ camper
ZZ _ camper
Jamie _ camper
...............add below.

Feckin kindle posted twice...

Ps gmac put up a gpx file if you fancy being the official digital gps guide.

I have some paper maps of route also.

A never said my three man tent was compact, its just way smaller than Keiths mansion house. There is no pool, wine cellar or billiards room and only a one limousine garage. ;)

not sure if im going to make it cant find a stem for my bike to fit the new forks and not sure the mv would handle it

ewanm77":8nosivcy said:
not sure if im going to make it cant find a stem for my bike to fit the new forks and not sure the mv would handle it

What type of stem do you need ? Most are easy to come by and even an ebay purchase should be delivered before the 14th/15th

Im sure folk on here have plenty of spare stems lying about.

Back