gibbles nice shiny next seiko watch.

your mean...i hate you and ill never be your friend evere ever again...

sniffle

oh go on ...ill let you have my other two?

Tad":1499w993 said:
The LCD is the world's first LCD watch as well as the world's first titanium cased watch.

The old boy bought one of those when he was in Japan (73-74ish?). No idea what happened to it.

gibbleking":38omxgf2 said:
how many have ya got now?do your wear all of them or like me do some sleep in a drawer?

I'm not a collector. I have 3 watches. An Animal 83 for work, the Aquaracer for out and about, and the Seiko for W&F. May get a Seamaster or a Daytona some day, but it's not a priority (thankfully. damned bikes are enough problems as it is).

Will dig mine out and photo them tomorrow. Anybody like Tissot and Rotary and Omega and Swiss Army?

Not a collection more an accumulation. Thinks that's most of them. Lots of seiko and rotary, couple of tissot and Swiss army plus an omega seamaster I was bought new in 1990. I know there are another couple of waveceptors somewhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 178
Only one watch here. I bought this Festina in 1994 with the money from my first summer holiday job. It's still my only watch and is worn every single day.
So far it has only required battery changes. The (original) strap is developing quite a bit of play. Not sure if I can have it fixed or if I'll need to order a new one.

P8290019m.jpg

They only made a limited run of these, so it would be collectible if it weren't for most collectors looking down on Festinas and saying they are fashion watches.

The only thing I would change to this watch is the font they used for the numbers. In the 90s that was okay, now it's really looking dated.

P8290025m.jpg

The History Man":uponxcso said:
Not a collection more an accumulation. Thinks that's most of them. Lots of seiko and rotary, couple of tissot and Swiss army plus an omega seamaster I was bought new in 1990. I know there are another couple of waveceptors somewhere.

Think there's a WVA-430 wave ceptor there - I've got the same model, on the resin strap, and another multiband 6 wave ceptor (one from the Lineage range), and a solar, multiband 6, analog G-Shock, and an Edifice. I've also got about 3 or 4 Rotary watches, too, and several Seikos.

I do like my Seiko autorelay, but it hardly gets worn now I have my Seamaster and we've been banned from wearing watches at work :evil:

Dunno what I'm more shocked by... The hugeness of the OP's new watch or the fact that he's out Xmas shopping and it's still only August...

Back