Joey McLoughlin’s Ex ANC Halfords Team Bike

Good grief - that's up there with the best - stunning looking bike.

Bigger pictures and more of them if you don't mind :)

Was planning on loaning the bike to the Yorshire Cycle Show this weekend but I couldnt collect it on Sunday night and cant risk it going missing if I left it there until Monday, so its going to have to stay at home gathering dust. My LBS are interested in having it on display so it will probably end up there which is much better that hidden away at home.

Thinking now what next? maybe a retro track bike or lo-pro

Final piece of the jigsaw

Although the bike is finished there was one little thing that just wasn’t right. When the forks had been removed for re-chroming there where 2 little team mechanic’s tweaks, first McLoughlin written in permanent pen on the steer, which was saved, secondly a nylon plug up the steer, presumably done by the ANC team mechanic to stop water and dirt going up into the steer and corroding the forks.

Anyhow Ellis Briggs got it out in once piece but couldn’t get it back in. This week I spend hours with a file, and finally managed to get it in as tight as when originally installed.

I’ve also enclosed a picture to the frame number you’ll see its one number different to Paul Watson’s team bike from 1987 which is shown earlier in this thread.

So that’s is totally finished, and I can have my life back

Attachments

• FORKS.jpg
    FORKS.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 313
  • BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 313
Magic thanks for the journey you must be very happy, you can't beat the real riders bikes, just great so important that these bikes are restored and displayed. These bikes should make their way to Leeds for the Grand Depart next year, I was wondering what Graham Jones has done with his...I'll have to inquire someone will know seeing as we have Joeys & Adrian Timmis's bikes done.

Back