Joey McLoughlin’s Ex ANC Halfords Team Bike

My LBS are about to take the bike and do the finishing touches as I’m hopeless at wrapping bar tape. One done the question is what do I do with it as sitting in my garage gathering dust seems a shame it need the bee on display somewhere

I'm of the opinion that these bikes should be used, but I'd understand if you choose not to. I'm planning to swap out my saddle and the pedals (SGR's!) for something functional so I can use my bike. May even extend to cheap new tubs too.

I agree would love to ride mine but I'm
6foot ride a 58 frame and Joey's bike is so small I can't even get my feet in the toe clips

ColnagoC59":10zkvb6c said:
Sadly I couldn’t join a reto Peugeot ride as two issues firstly I’m 6 feet tall, secondly my size 10 feet. Joey was small and so where his feet, frame is approximately 54, and toe clips are small, so the best I could do would be so sit on the bike.

Ha ha. Don't worry, I've got a choice of 4 retro Peugeot's all 60cm + frame sizes :) The restoration looks really great. Especially the orange turbo saddle. Was that 'reassuringly expensive' to have done??

ColnagoC59":1yv6aiuf said:
My LBS are about to take the bike and do the finishing touches as I’m hopeless at wrapping bar tape. One done the question is what do I do with it as sitting in my garage gathering dust seems a shame it need the bee on display somewhere

If you can source an orange turbo saddle(!) then finding Joey McLoughlin himself should be no problem - classic 80's rider and bike re-united. I'm sure the cycle mags would love a story like that. Then you can put the bike in a picture frame and hang it on the wall!

citrixccea":2fjrmfnf said:
Cracking ! My Banana will be there too!
You have done a great job looking forward to seeing it mine doesn't have the race bruises but if I hadn't have fully restored to show condition it would have been a heap of rust

Thanks! I'm a believer that there's no right in the respray/no respray argument. If ever it becomes a longevity issue my bike will be resprayed!

Back