Frame damage

Koupe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Apologies if these are dumb questions :oops: :)

1) With 'flared' headtubes, is the metal actually thicker at the ends, or butted internally to match? I ask because mine has apparently been stacked at some point, and the lower 'step' has been gouged - I'd like to go at it with a file but don't want to risk thinning it too much.

2) Having read through the excellent Yeti Sherpa thread :cool: , I'm wondering about drilling vent/drainage holes - would small holes have any effect on strength in a steel frame?

3) Should I be worrying about this BB damage?:

gtLpZDBl.jpg

Ta muchly :)

my self i wouldnt worry to much about them long as the welds are still good an the frame isnt bent or cracked ect,

I wouldn't be bothered by the BB shell damage if I already owned the frame. If it happened while the BB was in there is likely no indentation, and even if there is I would suspect the BB still goes in fine. Drilling a few well spaced out small holes in thicker frame material is never going to cause a problem.

The threads are fine - the debris in the pic is grease-soaked mud. No, I have no idea what it's doing there either.

Thanks for the positive responses, I'm aware I'm just being paranoid :roll: I'm just making sure it's worth paying for a new paint job :D

Back