MOTOR CHAT

yes tyres are expensive, but being a hyundai - specced tyres are hankook and not the worst pricewise and it has a full size spare. - towbar is free as the garage was screwing me around and I nearly walked out.

velomaniac":2yjwybbw said:
The Ken wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Winter is almost on us and I anticipate a bad one!

Well I'll be fine then....

new car picked up today - ex demo 5k on the clock - chuffed as a bunny with a warren full of bunnygirls.

You haven't thought it through.

How are you going to find a white car in a snowdrift?

More to the point, where are you getting your info Highlandsflyer ?

I see no pundit prepared to second guess the winter forecast at this distance. Stop your scaremongering.

Anyway the cars that huge he'd be hard pressed to miss it !

Neither would a snowplough.
e14392.gif

velomaniac":1h5o9gx0 said:
The Ken wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Winter is almost on us and I anticipate a bad one!

Well I'll be fine then....

new car picked up today - ex demo 5k on the clock - chuffed as a bunny with a warren full of bunnygirls.

You haven't thought it through.

How are you going to find a white car in a snowdrift?

More to the point, where are you getting your info Highlandsflyer ?

I see no pundit prepared to second guess the winter forecast at this distance. Stop your scaremongering.
Anyway the cars that huge he'd be hard pressed to miss it !

Oh you can easily lose your car in a drift, here is my old Kombi in a drift, there is actually a car parked behind it somewhere!
2s8pvfc.jpg

My info on the weather is from nature, there are signs everywhere it will be a harsh winter. And the law of averages, of course it was harsh last year for some but not so bad up here.

I too have heard its meant to be a harsh one this winter.
I bet two tyres for that Hyundai is cheaper than a set of Big Fat Larrys for the Pugsley :)

Jamie

That pic of the old kombi... Jesus! That's some snow! At first glance I thought somebody was part way through drawing/painting a picture of one.

Here's what I currently own, motor wise:
1150900_10153183704455175_79438217_n.jpg

I've owned it approx. 2 months, already replaced the front suspension for an entire new unit (to help me go lower) and dropped the rear another inch from what it was.

It looked like this when I got it
946333_10152845461540175_570412089_n.jpg

And shortly after a bit of a comparative shot:
971207_10153105896270175_65352060_n.jpg

More tuck and low.

Very sweet!

Had splits long ago, wish I had held on to them! Going back to the 80s you could still pick them up with some work needed for a few grand!

:)

Nice motor TK, guy at work has had one a couple of years and really likes it.
Never mind Velo and his lowering idea, I'd love to see it after the Jimihendrix experience!

I have seen the Jimi beast in the steel! Very cool and very mad! :D

Back