Campy - help me identify!

drotos.toth

Old School Hero
Hi,

I have a chance to buy this bike, but I don't know anything about it. Could You, please help me identify? What about the frame? Tubing? Groupset... etc.

Thanks in advance!

IIyBHMNeNRLRkeW2i_0a3qxlmbceYlzmkhj21UI8y1c=w310-h207-p-no

8tTFlucVCYr83ufdUbrq91F7Ac9lzZHgNQ_V-8vNaOI=w213-h207-p-no

muUVFtgcmvZqncG4X6bgoNSwu3b9jhe37VsJULovf60=w163-h207-p-no

Still looks like a Peugeot frame to me from the over all look and feel of it, looks like some one built it for time-trialling to me Modolo Kronos brakes aerodynamic but so useless even Modolo said they are not for stopping merely slowing down :facepalm:

As for the rest Super Record front and rear mechs :cool: Simplex retro friction shift levers (the best) the rest looks like 600/Dura-Ace AX nice early 80's Aero gruppo, the cranks must have adaptors in them as those are not the original pedals... they look vaguely like Ofmega pedals to me, Mavic sprint rims (tubular tyres) all in all looks very nice

If it is indeed a Peugeot frame mostly Reynolds tubing 501 all the way to 753 is possible ;)

Good advertisement for brakes... :D

So, this could be a Peugeot frame, with Campy stuff, Dura chainset and Modolo Kronos brakes.

Beautiful colour - but nothing fancy.

Good advertisement for brakes... :D

Well they were aimed squarely for the time triallists weird bunch they are (speaks from experience) :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it certainly looks that way, happy to be proven wrong by some one who knows more though ;)

All I can equate it to is you know how when you see a car driving down the road and you just know it is a Renault, or a Ford, or a Volvo without seeing the badge this just looks like an 80's Peugeot to me ;)

Latest posts

Back