1992 Litespeed Ocoee -- My New Frankenbike Project

RFC

Dirt Disciple
I had sworn off new projects. However, this 1992 Litespeed Ocoee sort of fell in my lap (complete with Specialized Ti stem, Ti RockShox and headset, sans wheels and seatpost). What can I do?

Right now, a Frankenbike build appeals to me and I think this may make a good candidate.

I already have a mid 90's Litespeed built hardtail and a Ti MTB gravel grinder fabricated from surplus Russian MIGs. See below. So, something different for this one.

I found this beautiful Ocoee on this forum. Perfect approach, particularly consider the much coveted polished frame.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234141

I'm thinking a path and trail single speed bomber. Now, the question is handlebar style -- drops, standard MTB or something else?

Your thoughts are most appreciated as I plan this fun project.

Best,

RFC

Here is a mock up of what will become the first iteration. Those who have built drop bar MTB's know that one of the biggest challenges is to get the drop bars high enough to be useful. Normally, I'm not a fan of stem extenders, however, I don't find this Satori Head Up to be quite so offensive. Also, the clamp is massive and very secure.

Back