make me an offer...(Alpinestars?) AT3900481

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After sitting at the back of the shed for over 3 years with out identification i have decided to sell AT3900481. Thats its frame number, so that is what i have christened it!!

Its an Oversized (1 1/4 headset, oversize seat post) Aluminium frame. It is Mattish Black with a few of lifes scratches here and there, but no nasty dents or cracks. It has no Bottom Bracket or lower cable guide under the BB.

Included in the sale is the oversized seat post pictured (nothing special)and a headset, that has been id'd as a possible Mavic, it is however missing its lower fork crown race, again 1 1/4 sized. Also a set of black possible pepperoni forks with the oversised 1 1/4 steerer tube and a flexstem. It needs the top tube cable guides as they are not present, they have the holes where they would have been fitted so you can either use problemsolvers back stops or the stick on type to act as cable guides.

I have contacted Gil_M and he does not have the repro stickers for a 1990 Al-mega XT, however he has something similair, or you could just use your own designs, or you could strip and powder it up.

It is 16 inch c-2-c seat tube and 22 inch c-2-c top tube.

Have a read through the original discussion by putting the frame number into the retrobike search engine. AT3900481.

Price is the sticky bit, its an unknown quantity, although it has the makings of something rather sweet, included are the difficult to find oversized parts.

£50 paypal gift and free postage in the UK, a little extra for our EU brothers, and a little extra again for our US cousins should they want it.

No Dibs, PM me and I will respond ASAP to the order of delivered PM's.

Its a great ride with a beautiful riding position and clearly of Retro vintage.

Cheers, Mark.

Attachments

• frame_05_small.jpg
    frame_05_small.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 641
Re: Matt Black Oversized Alu frame (Alpinestars?) AT3900481

Bump from August 2013! forgot about this one.

Back