What retro part have you accidentally hoarded?

Handlebars, of every colour imaginable :facepalm:

The thing is though, I see it as an investment, many retro parts aren't going to lose too much value, in fact they may gain in value slightly, so it's just stored up capital that can be released by selling the items on again.... or at least that's what I keep telling myself when I buy yet another retro item I have no immediate use for :roll: :facepalm:

In my opinion the Retrobike illness has led members to believe they accidentally hoarded mass amounts of retro components by mistake.

For example, keeping redundant NOS components just in case the installed one wears out.

Not likely for members that own many bikes.

It's no accident.. Lol ;-)

jimo746":edzf5szk said:
Handlebars, of every colour imaginable :facepalm:

The thing is though, I see it as an investment, many retro parts aren't going to lose too much value, in fact they may gain in value slightly, so it's just stored up capital that can be released by selling the items on again

I with you on this one. None of this stuff is going down in value and some of it has appreciated nicely over the last 10 years or so.

Plus I guarantee that as soon as I sell some bit I will end up needing it for my next project.

"Plus I guarantee that as soon as I sell some bit I will end up needing it for my next project."

Absolutely my worst nightmare thought!!

....I have a large bag of DX,XT and other canti brakes! Must be 10 sets!...and tyres! But everyone has loads of tyres right?

Most of my hoarded stuff ended up on frames that I sort of hoarded......

Does that count?

Or am I just hoarding bikes on purpose?

Back