Just had a scammer on the phone

hamster":1z6ekdh6 said:
I asked one if he wanted to know what I was wearing.

:LOL: :LOL:

I'd love to get one of these calls. The fun i'd have. But i switch the ringer of the phone.

tintin40":2s0mw2vq said:
I'd love to get one of these calls. The fun i'd have. But i switch the ringer of the phone.

Just post your number up here, I'm sure there will be the odd Retrobiker or two that will happily oblige.

I wish I could keep my composure, but my usual calm and friendly demeanour leaves me and is replaced by that of an angry shouty man. :facepalm:

secret_squirrel":xap2qnha said:
I like this guys plan - he's a slippery genius!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23869462

Excellent - loving his work.

I note the comments about it not being recommended for normal people - but I'm not getting it - it's no less transparent to the end user, than when business use it - so why shouldn't people, if they want to and it works out in their favour?

If it's good enough for business, then why not the enterprising individuals.

Suspect as they are part of the ruling junta their line would be that the current telephone preference system works (hint it doesn't) and that such extreme steps are unnecessary. Plus their unofficial mandate is probably to support the "good" companies that use these numbers rather than defend consumer rights. Ie protect a revenue stream rather than the consumer.

Back