Wanted: GT (non disk) disk brake mount

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
Good afternoon. Does anyone have a disk brake mount for a non disk GT frame please?
I know that Betd still make one but was wondering if anyone had one they would be willing to part with?

Many thanks

Bump

Still looking. I thought I had one but it doesn't fit - I think it is the Trek / Klein / Gary Fisher one.

Can you post a pic of the frame and of the mount you have got? In the mean time I'll check with a friend who has worked at a GT dealer since the dawn of time (well almost) and is as likely as anyone to have what you're after.

GloryDownhillMark":25jupfvs said:
I have one from my 96 Zaskar but it has an adjustable tension arm that braces at the brake boss.

Interesting - is this a GT part please?

If you are willing to be limited to Hope their conversion kits show up fairly regularly on the 'bay. Not IS standard obviously. A2Z adapters are the other generic choice - google them.

I looked at these thank you but as I run Magura disc brakes I decided not to go that route. I may have to reconsider but I would prefer to find a GT or BETD one.

I got my friend on the hunt yesterday, he turned their parts boxes and even their workshop upside down and inside out (he said it overdue a clearout anyway) but sadly hasn't got what you are after. Best of luck with tracking one down mate.

Back