KARMA bike build begineth...

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So about 14 months ago I was the lucky winner of a karma raffle on here, and collected the frame from retroyetirigid at mayhem12....

4374F574-DC31-42FE-9FC8-D00956166023-7359-00000B83BDB9CAE4_zps5cc9d557.jpg

So it got me to thinking... With all the love and karma on here, maybe I could source an entire bikes worth of karma components... And the generosity of forum members has been amazing..

I'll still be needing some 7sp compatible wheels, tyres and shifters, but that really is about it.

The plan was to slowly get this built and raffle it off as karma in time for mayhem this year but I jumped from unemployment to employed (with ridiculous hours) in an eye blink, and it took a back seat..

Starting this build thread is a way of encouraging myself to get it done, and the new plan is to have it built by Christmas for a new year kind of karma raffle.

Let the building begin... :cool: :D

Re: KARMA bike build beginneth...

The frame certainly has some character. Crack on & I wouldnt blame you for keeping it.

Ace! I have some 7 speed brake/shifters combined you can have, just stripped a bike and I think they are fine, give me time and I MAY have a set of wheels too, have got loads of tyres but where is the pinnacle exactly...? Collection would give you a better chance of rooting through what I have in other bits too! ;)

Cheers peeps... Just goes to show the generosity keeps on coming... :D

I wouldn't be keeping it a) on principle b) it's too small c) I want it to go to someone deserving that's going to use it, or might need it as finances are tight etc..

As for the pinnacle, it's just outside silverstone.

... A quick update...

I've fitted the forks, headset, stem and bars... Pics to follow..

Hmmm...probably a bit too far then! I'll PM you some pics of what I do have sometime, remind me if you don't hear anything soon, I forget who I've promised what to! :facepalm:

Right... Pics with the fat forks, polished stem, cane creek headset and mad mad monkey bars all fitted

9BF17FC3-1897-442E-A1B5-3EA31940ECAC-7454-00000B921136F5D0_zpsdcd43d61.jpg

And some cantis...

91B5D3A4-9C46-4ADF-96F6-402CEF183B0F-7454-00000B9218CB13AA_zps8db322e1.jpg

Probably worth pointing out here that the frame was nos.. It's suffered a couple of battle scars in my garage, but other than that you can see its mint all around the chainstays. :cool:

Back