Retro bikes you saw V 2.0

I did wonder what happened to my old thread, good to see someones done a revival :)

heres some from my mobile whilst out and about

this is in the local recyclecycle, you can see a gt tequesta and a timberline underneath all that unloved tat

temporary_zpsd51d340d.jpg

and this is my mates Raleigh, a Special products division labelled frame that looks very m-trax ish

temporary_zps4ad25faa.jpg

I saw a minty looking p7 being ridden along a little back track near me about a month ago I have kept an eye out for it to see if it was local but not seen it since

Bullpup":2wpztqtn said:
Interesting way of mounting a Crud...

My thoughts too at first - but I suspect the fork linkage would hit it under the downtube. Personally, I'd look for a 'proper' Crud in that case, but hey...

Couple of years back while visiting Vienna i walked a shortcut through some narrow residential streets and a pale bronze colour mid-90s Cinder Cone caught my eye. It was an urban hack, city tyres, grimey mechanicals, some practical attachment like a rack or old mudguards or something, chained up alongside a few other bikes with it's crossbar against the lamppost ( :x ). To most people probably just another invisible bike among hundreds they walk past daily but to me it was totally stand-out cool :cool:

Passing Southampton station today spotted these two...1st a 1997 Team Marin (mech and chainset non original) and a 1989/90? GT Tequesta that looked in good shape and original!

Doug

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 387
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 388
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 387
I was staying at the southern tip of Manhattan a few weeks ago and saw this chained up on the street:

Certainly the earliest Rockhopper I've seen, and very nearly complete and original-check out the grips. The street was lined with Ferraris....I was taking pics of this! I was thinking '85?

Back