RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ 14/09/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
By coincidence I was atop Mam Tor yesterday with the family, the missus reminding me that she had to 'rescue' a tired and emotional Retrobike rider unable to complete the course in 2007, somehow getting his stout frame and even stouter 2000 spec XL Klein Attitude Race into the back of a tiny Celica.

I guess I could be tempted to make a return this year - I'll have to see if I have a bike/body in a state of readiness.

mrkawasaki":1zyk6bzb said:
I guess I could be tempted to make a return this year - I'll have to see if I have a bike/body in a state of readiness.
Oooh you tease us!

Seriously though Neil, it's not the same without you there.

Just checked the files and the chap in question was in fact riding a dropped YETI - how could I have forgotten that snug-fitting skinsuit.

Of course these were darker, more satanic times, before Max had fully sculpted, with his bare hands mind, the Peaks into the trail centre that it is now...

Attachments

• DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,049
I will be making this one too bar any catastrophies.......

Hopeing I can ride the whole route this time with no pain.

1st year 2011 was agony
Last year I didn't do the last climb 100% as my knee decided to crumble to dust :-(

I_am_not_looking_forward_to_the_radio_mast_climb!!

Question - do I bring my Kilauea for the day or the DMR? Jump bike with a 6lb frame should be ok, shouldn't it?? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back