£2400's worth of 1960's Condor frame

Midlife

Retro Wizard
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lugs, braze ons, fork rake, brake bridges, dropouts.......... something just doesn't look 60's

Shaun

I agree with you that for that sort of money I'd be expecting a Hurlow with fancy lugs, but the little I know about his frames, he did a few like this I think. Not sure which braze-ons look wrong to you, but the brake bridge and those lugs could definitely be from the 1960s. The fork might not be original, but judging from the crown, I'm pretty sure it is. To me, the frame looks like a not particularly striking Hurlow from the 1960s, but I'm not an expert by any means. The seller's story sounds plausible, and Hurlow's initials in the stay top eyes are also significant. Then again, I suppose it could be a fake like some of the Hetchins that periodically turn up on fleabay and also sell for silly money.

Might have to eat humble pie here........Hurlow built for Condor util 1968 and one of his models was the plain looking Italia..........strangely enough quite similar to that one apart from the forks.

Shaun

Back