What Bank Holidays are for...

Salsprocket

Retro Guru
It's been fantastic to have a long weekend, decent weather and no commitments. Yesterday we had an excellent 30 mile ride in the Yorkshire Wolds and today we had an excellent 30 mile ride in the Lincolnshire Wolds (well, just a bit south of).
To be able to get off the beaten track and explore new routes reminds me always why I love riding so much.
So whatever you got up to, I hope you all had a good weekend too. :D

Saturday I rode my horse in the morning and then finished building a Dyna-Tech 705 roadbike for my daughter.

Sunday, The History Man came round and we turned an early 1990's Overbury's Pioneer frame into a working bike in three hours and then took it, and my CATS WISKAS on a 10 mile shakedown run around the local woods.

Today, I took my horse for a long ride, which included riding across a couple of bridges over the M5 between J21 and J22, where we stopped to laugh at the poor souls stuck in the traffic on such a gloriously sunny day while we enjoyed the fresh air and open countryside (away from the M5).

I bet this years has been a corker for ice cream manufacturers. :mrgreen:

Friday I prodded a bay window frame, I thought the paint was looking a bit bubbly. There was a bit of rot underneath so I prodded a bit more, I wish I hadn't.

The entire bank holiday has been spent chiseling out rotten wood, gluing in new wood, shaping, filling, puttying, painting...

I have learned my lesson, it shall be benign neglect from here on in.

Friday was a day off so I drove SWMBO to a meeting in Guildford and just dossed around for the day; Saturday was a working day that finished in Brighton at 21.55 and I still made it to Buxted for 22.16 to pick my lad up from the station; Sunday was SWMBO's birthday so it was over to Hastings for lunch, then back to an invite in Mayfield and a BBQ in her honour then boozing around a blazing chimenea on the patio until late ( :cool: ); today was out for a ride with my lad, him on the newly-completed red Wot and myself on my rebuilt '97 Explosif.

All in all a damn good weekend... :D

Tad":2rtu1567 said:
Friday I prodded a bay window frame, I thought the paint was looking a bit bubbly. There was a bit of rot underneath so I prodded a bit more, I wish I hadn't.

I thought you were talking about a VW camper :? :LOL:

Saturday I mostly basked in the garden, before packing Mrs_koupe off to her mum's for a break - yesterday I hit up an old friend in Manchester, and took a splendid evening drive into the West Riding to pick up my new frame - today I returned home and spent a balmy afternoon soaking up sun and numerous Mojitos. :mrgreen:

Back