GT Backwoods 1998 Stunning Condition

• Thread starter Deleted member 4805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4805

Very little used GT Backwoods, size 16", all original except the saddle which is a Bontrager Race Lite, the bike has barely been used and the tyre still has the nobbles on, there are a few marks here and there but would describe condition as 8.5 /9 out of 10.

Forks work perfectly, hubs very smooth and as can be seen from pics of tyres, chainset and cassette the bike really has had very little use.

The only negatives are the chain is a little rusty but spins smoothly and has no tight parts so works fine.

The stem bolts have a tiny bit of rust and cranks are very slightly dull, both easy fixes.

The rear mech is not shifting all the way across the cassette so something is amiss and will need looking at, I cannot set gears up and don't think worth taking to the bike shop to have done due to low value of the bike.

Full spec can be found on the link below:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... =Backwoods

£125 collected Surrey, would prefer not to post if possible.

hurcytm has had to pull out of the sale so bike still available, cheers, Andrew

Hi,
It is a 16" frame not 14.5" I have double checked. Most of my other bikes have been small 15.5" as is my current Stumpy and fit wise is perfect for me at 5ft5".
Cheers,
Andrew

doesn't look like a 16" to me, the 3th triangle in front of the seat tube is to small

look's more like my daughters 14" avalanche than my 16" backwoods.

Just to clear this up, I've bought this bike and it's a 16" if you measure centre BB to TOP of seat tube, or as GT measure/size it, 14.5" centre BB to where top tube meets seat tube...they did have a different way of expressing their frame sizes compared to other manufacturers!

I should know as in the early days I bought a 16" Timberline, and found out the hard way it was too big for me.... :facepalm:

Back