BoTM August 2013 - Nominations if you please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room for a little one?

1995 Fat Chance Shock a Billy, custom painted BITD by Fat Chance in Judy yellow along with the Kooka cranks.

Sadly I dont have a build thread any longer due to there been a large number of bike thefts from my area so I thought best to remove most of my bikes from the net a number of months back.

Anyhow here we go:

Nice Shock a Billy!

Rick Draper":10d4dep2 said:
Sadly I dont have a build thread any longer due to there been a large number of bike thefts from my area so I thought best to remove most of my bikes from the net a number of months back.
If I may make one suggestion.....
Cant you simply change your RBUK User name to something like ....Retro Rick....or...... BOTM Dude.....or...... Mkozaczek (Nevermind that ones taken)
And while your at it......change "just ouside Macclesfield" to.......
"deep in the heart of Stoke on Trent"....or....... "Down the lane from Altrincham"

I dont think that anyone here would be offended and we wouldnt be deprived of your build threads.
Just trying to be of assistance ;)

captaincosmic":3lvjjzo5 said:
Great to see a few real bikes this month not just magazine specials

:?: :shock:

Didn't the most trashed/hard working bike once start out as being box fresh, :!:

any self respecting builder is hardly going to build a "rider" and then abuse it before taking a few snaps in order to enter B.O.T.M ..........so I don't get the above there's nothing wrong with streaching yourself to build something special

I will conceed that Tigern Klein and Rumpys Bontrager are in a league of their own and obviously took more time and bucks to complete than a humble Kona or Rocky Mountain where period parts are dime a dozen, but good on them I say ....still doesn't guarentee them success.

They will all be judged by our peers and one will prevail... thats the beauty of a democratic "one man/women" "one vote" system.

captaincosmic":ckuewtdz said:
Nice job there Rich lovely Pine Mountain

Its a fair statement, no digs at any members.
Just an opinion, which i can relate to.

So when can we vote ?

videojetman":jbpondzp said:
captaincosmic":jbpondzp said:
Nice job there Rich lovely Pine Mountain

Its a fair statement, no digs at any members.
Just an opinion, which i can relate to.

So when can we vote ?

Didn't the magazines feature different price point bikes during different issues. I was always disappointed when the new issue would show up and the cover would say; " The budget issue, Best Bikes Under $500" or the something like that.

For me, the rags were a lot like BOTM, a place to find the coolest of the cool and then daydream a little.

Ductape":bncgg52l said:
For me, the rags were a lot like BOTM, a place to find the coolest of the cool and then daydream a little.

Yeah, if I wanted to see a sub $500 bike BITD, I could go look in my garage. ;)

ez054098":39bq807s said:
Ductape":39bq807s said:

Yeah, if I wanted to see a sub $500 bike BITD, I could go look in my garage. ;)

i don't think price dictates how cool a bike is.
some of the coolest bikes iv'e seen are sub $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back