1988 Stumpjumper "Team" - Sold and gone.... :-(

The frame must be around a 19" as it copmpares almost exactly with my 19" Orange Prestige frame, although the Stumpjumper has more relaxed geometry and is a bit longer in the top tube.

The mudguards are only held on by 3 bolts each, so only a 5minute job to remove them both.

:)

thats great....i love a unique build with a bit of added 'wackiness' based on a classic frame....ive done the same thing with my dynatech which is now a frankenmonster of a mudguarded singlespeed slick tyred commuter, and has a lot in common with yours there.....i love riding it, like yours its very hippy!.... :D

Damn!! didn't take me long to make an addition :roll:

IMG_1013.jpg

Selle SanMarco Regal saddle, looks sweet, pretty firm, will have fun breaking it in :D

Re: 1988 Stumpjumper "Team" - Finished!! 12/01/12

As it was a lovely evening today I went for a leisurely ride along the beach and took a few pics along the way.
Now it's officially summertime the mudguards have come off, I've fitted 28/38 chainrings up front (instead of the 46T), and it's now wearing Specialized Crossroads 2 tyres in readiness for some off-road use over the coming months :D

OMG! that's just stunning :cool: , i remember a work mate back in 89 got that years Team Stumpjumper and he absolutely loved it that much he couldn't stop talking about it and if i remember rightly he paid just under £800 for it from Harry Halls in Manchester and a few weeks later Harry Halls were selling them for a grand :shock: so he was blooming lucky on buying it when he did and that paint finish looks awesome by the way ;) ..

The bike has had a bit of a makeover during the summer months, mainly to allow me to use it off-road on some easy trails & towpaths.
But in the next couple of months I'll change it back to "winter commuter mode", so rigid forks, slick tyres, and mudguards and lights again.

But for now it looks like this...

jimo746":1opizbgk said:
The bike has had a bit of a makeover during the summer months, mainly to allow me to use it off-road on some easy trails & towpaths.
But in the next couple of months I'll change it back to "winter commuter mode", so rigid forks, slick tyres, and mudguards and lights again.

But for now it looks like this...

Suspension forks NO!!

Back