Missing cat - I'm gutted - FOUND HIM

glad you got him back. one of our cats ran away 23rd december last year and got her back may this year we thought she was dead but found out she was sleeping in a shed and getting fed by people 8 doors up our street

Be careful you don't over feed him right off the bat. Too much food if they haven't eaten in days can harm them.

My next door neighbours had a cat and 2 dogs (1 was the daughter of the dog across the street). They both came in to heat, went across the street and got knocked up. 2 dogs+2 litters totaling 17 dogs in the house. The cat got fed up, filed for divorce, and moved in with the people 2 doors down on the other side. It never did come back. Used to walk down the street to go hunting and if they called it, it would speed up it's walk to get away from them.

Brilliant news - really glad he's turned up. :D :D
Now he'll just act completely normally, just like he's not been anywhere, totally ignoring all the stress he's put you through .Tut. :roll:

Glad to hear you found your cat! :D

There are some commercially available collars for tracking pets, although they're a bit heavy for cats. In a couple more years, though, I think it will be a viable option.

This article mentions that they might not be able to transmit a signal under certain conditions (just like a cellphone), but there must be a way to find the last known location (i.e., the last time it was able to transmit a signal).

http://lostpetresearch.com/2011/01/gps- ... ding-cats/

Some of the collars are a bit pricey, but the monetary cost may be worth it when compared to the emotional cost of not knowing where your pet is when it goes missing.

good news,
I found a tortoise the other day, spent a day looking for the owner. found a few ads on facebook so went to have a look in the area, got directed to an old couple who had been out looking all day. They had him for 60 years, the lady got him when she was 6. she coulden't stop crying when she got him back :)

lumos2000":172k8sck said:
good news,
I found a tortoise the other day, spent a day looking for the owner. found a few ads on facebook so went to have a look in the area, got directed to an old couple who had been out looking all day. They had him for 60 years, the lady got him when she was 6. she coulden't stop crying when she got him back :)

That's brilliant. well done for taking the time and effort to do that

Well hes barely left my side all day, slept like a log & eaten like a king.

On checking him out he is really skinny so seems like he must have been trapped somewhere rather than been taken in by someone.

Seems really happy to be home & even getting close to my 3 year old daughter which he never did before.

Happy days

Thanks for all the help & support..

Back to the bikes

Back