MacRetro chat and rides thread

i can also offer a pram, a car seat and I'll raise kaiser a crib :LOL: :LOL:

what he says, although sounds as if it may not be fitting you, so you could take the massive gamble, sell it and promise to get another one when the times right :cry: but that would be stupid. good luck with that dilemma :shock:

enjoyed a fettle this evening, cleaning up the dave yates and getting the kinesis over hauled for the winter. yesterday enjoyed a fine ride round the borders towns with velo and hawmaw

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=265135&start=15

I can offer you a brick, one quick smash and I'll save you more than you can imagine, or you could go for the less painful method of condoms :) Congratulations by the way. Keep the Fat, buy a steeper or higher stem, it wouldn't look wrong on that age of bike, make it more comfortable to ride then you have no excuse for wanting to get rid of it. With 4 kids you will feel guilty about spending on toys you love when you have other priorities - you already own this, don't let it go, you will regret it.

It's a bike Gazz, and if you don't enjoy riding it then it's not much use! If you can adapt it to make it comfier and it still looks sweet, do that. Otherwise, sell I reckon. You can still get a wee chubby looking at the pictures and knowing that you did own your dream bike for a time. ;)

A dilemma Gaz, but as I often find, if your seriously thinking about selling it then the decisions half made, its just sentimentality thats holding on. The exception I find is if its due to financial reasons then, that can be a bit gutting selling something you would rather keep just to pay some bills.
I think that inside you know what you want to do.
Congratulations by the way :)

Jamie
(ps: you could always change the stem and then singlespeed it, that would improve it greatly ;)

thanks for the thoughts lads, and might see if a slightly higher stem works better but not to much as it will ruin the look somewhat.

I have been thinking about it for the last year Mr K and agree prices still seem good and to be fair I don't really need the dosh, it would just give me a reason to sell as it has been playing on my mind- I kind of want to see if I could live with just 2 bikes, one retro and one modern. If the stem does not work I might just price it not to sell and this should give me some breathing room to see if I am being foolish. Just wish I could be pragmatic about it Jamie, slamming on some risers and a a high stem, some front bounce and making it a much more useful bike all round :oops:

Its cash value will never match the emotional value. Keep it, put a modern bar and stem on and ride it. You can always change it back and sell it, but once it's gone it's gone...

Rattle can it matte black. If you cry...then your meant to keep it, if not ......sell it.........quickly ;)
Now thats logic .........kaboom!
Jamie

A bike is for riding, it's not an objet d'art. Although some bikes do look good, that's just a function of it's design as a mode of transport.
If you had bought it back when it was new, like any other bike, you would have changed it to suit you, to make it comfortable to ride. I've done it with bikes I've built, OK not iconic bikes like your's, then found the components I've built it with (bling/jewellery :oops:) didn't make me comfortable out in the real world on a trail.
You want to keep it, don't you? You want to ride it, so change it to enjoy it. All the bits you change will still be there to put back if it disnae work oot. :mrgreen:

Back