Show us what you did today, thread

The wife has planted a much more diverse bunch of plants and shrub in the 6m square of reclaimed land, it makes the garden look bigger and better..... and most importantly it ain't my responsibility any more :cool: :LOL:

I am back at work this week after having a good 10 days off.
The original plan was for me to ride down to Loch Lomond from home and meet Heather and Caleb at Heathers parents as we had their house whilst they are away in Spain. Take the canoe and get a relaxing week of paddling in. The best laid plans.........
For once I was organised, I know, hard to believe but it was all sorted. I had fitted the new front rack to the Long Haul Trucker and rather than my lately overnight/two day tours I would take my time and take three, maybe four days to get down, camping along the way. Well the day before I was due to leave one of the front shocks on Heathers car collapsed onto the tyre, luckily just at home not on the open road. Typically on a Saturday evening, car undrivable. I replaced the shock and sundry other bits but this took me until late on Tuesday evening by the time the shock was ordered on Monday and then changing spring etc. So there went the ride as otherwise I wouldn't be down there to have much time with the family.
Anyway it was a great holiday otherwise with a good few days and evenings canoeing, visiting friends etc. A few picnics on a couple of the islands and Caleb loving being in the canoe.
Looking forward to Glencoe as I haven't been on the Pugsley for a couple of weeks now but I may head over to Farraid head this weekend if I get a bit of time on Sunday.
just thought I'd share.
Jamie

new front rack

Jamie, what do you and Heather do to cars out there on the dge of the world. Is the road your long haul trucker is sitting on the only bit of tarmac that doesn't have shock eating holes in it :shock:

Being a giant, racks when fitted to my bikes look small or in proportion. On yours it looks like industrial pieces of civil engineering almost as if the Forth Bridge engineers had decided to build racks. Cool looking bike :cool:

Jamiedyer":1kxjbtvm said:
I may head over to Farraid head this weekend if I get a bit of time on Sunday.

Aren't you coming to the 4 Abbeys run on Saturday ?

"Pretty sure I'll be there on the Merckx."

Thanks Hawmaw
Velo already sent me a reminder just know. I, for some unknown reason thought it was next month. I still want to be there and will speak with the powers that be. Due to not being on the right weekend I wont be able to leave work early so will probably have to leave here around 3 am and drive down maybe get an hours kip in the car before riding. Wont be in the best condition but its not a long ride and really want to be at this one.
I'll see what I can sort.
Jamie

55 miles is plenty far for me and as I've said its not going to be at a fast pace. Personally I wouldn't drive the length of Scotland in the wee small hours and then ride 55 miles but I admire your determination ;)

Missed the ride but Sunday I went for a jaunt round the coast with Caleb in his trailer.
Many stops for drinks and biscuits.

Jamie

Back