Gf's bike build

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Been building my gf a bike for the last couple of weeks,its not all retro stuff but ive bought a few bits off fellow members for it,heres the results so far,be kind.

It looked like this 2 weeks ago...

100_2117.jpg

Been gathering bits and some rattle can paints later....

100_2172.jpg

100_2174.jpg

Few bits to get/fit yet but im quite pleased with it,she loves it which is the main thing :D

Hmm, loving the colour Andy :cool:

Forks look awesome!

And I like the Deore brake levers, I've just added some to my LTS build ;)

I just wish I could get Mrs GT in to biking. She did a small ride with me last year on our daughters MTB, and she kinda liked it. But, when I offered to buy her a MTB for Christmas, ooohhhh nooooo :(

I rather like that.

Pickle":2i4fizfy said:
I just wish I could get Mrs GT in to biking. She did a small ride with me last year on our daughters MTB, and she kinda liked it. But, when I offered to buy her a MTB for Christmas, ooohhhh nooooo :(

I've been quite lucky in that the other half has found an interesting in riding as I've started up again. Got her a 2007 Stumpjumper Disc as an upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Shame I'd not found this site before then otherwise would have considered doing a build for her. As a bonus she's decided off road is much more fun than on the road :D

Looks really good but if i could just say one thing, swap the seatpost for a black one as it clashes with the frame :cool:

As long as she's happy and riding thats the main thing Andy, Me ive got more chance of growing hair on my head than i have of getting the wife on a bike :cool: :LOL:

hellyeah. love the blue forks - top looking build. im noticing a slight trend here on the site.... theres an awful lot of very nice GF/Missus-bikes!! maybe we should have WAGS-bike-of-the-month! :LOL:

fantastic job.... the levers top it off perfectly ;) ...they look one hell of a lot better on there than they ever did plonked upfront on my KHS any way :)

Back