ID 1980s Carlton frame with cantilever brakes + bosses

Hi Hamster..
Pics are up no not what you are surmising ( :
Looks authentic butr it has been stripped and repainted ..so some doubts exist

Frame looks like a Modified Carlton Giro D'italia with the "Victor" seat cluster......... 60's then. Number should be oin the left rear dropout and be a letter (year code) and then the number.

Seat cluster design with it tapering in was a Carlton design and can't think of any copies.

Shaun

Looks like the Raleigh 26 tpi octagonal headset, if so was made during the Raleigh period of cheap mass produced bikes, the lugs suggest towards the end.

MAFAC did make this similar type of brake,but I thought you meant the other type

hamster":2g2cdcpa said:
Are you sure they aren't bosses for the old Mafac brakes that used two bosses?

That looks like it.

A Carlton Giro D'italia on Photobucket

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt178/lewismtbnroad/Carlton%20Giro%20d%20italia%201966/CARLTONgiroditalia1966045.jpg

has different brazeons [Carlton style]on the top tube and owner claims it to be orange and white originally.His frame numbers are around the chainwheel side circumference of the BBShell.
I have the LH dropout numbers on mine.
I do not have the rear axle adjusters either.
Headset is different in the P/bucket one.
Midlife":3iuj6p78 said:
Frame looks like a Modified Carlton Giro D'italia with the "Victor" seat cluster......... 60's then. Number should be oin the left rear dropout and be a letter (year code) and then the number.

"Seat cluster design with it tapering in was a Carlton design and can't think of any copies."

Shaun

Back