Any Rourke Owners?

Gadge

Retro Newbie
Hi
I recentley posted Some photos of a bike I bought and the replies I got were really helpful.
I've sent an email to rourkes with the frame number which is 2156 (stamped on the frame and on the forks), hoping they could verify that it was actually a Rourke. As of yet they haven't replied, so i'm hoping someone might know if that sounds like a Rourke frame number!
When it was stripped the paint paint looked very original near the decals and on the openings of the tubes but it had been touched up (badly) over the years.

Any help would again be much appreciated

thanks Gary

Attachments

• P1010047.JPG
    P1010047.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 726
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 725
Jason Rourke of Brian Rourke Cycles has been responsive to bike inquiries. IMO, The lack of wrap around seat stays, a Rourke build tradition would create some doubt that it is a Rourke.

Three points to reply to:

I have three Rourke frames, two road and one mtb, and none of them have frame numbers (that I can find).

I have e-mailed Rourke, and never got replies (same at Roberts), so I think you are probably better ringing them (same as Roberts).

As far as I am aware (and I'm pretty sure of this), if a frame does not have wrap over seat stays, then it was not made by Rourke. Although, I have seen many frames painted by Rourke and wearing the name.

Rourke do use frame numbers or at least they did on their earlier frames, although as has already been pointed out, wraparound seat stays would be typical of rourke. To get more info you could try posting on London fixed, Jason rourke is a member there and should pick up on the post.

Robbied196":1a73ot2f said:
Rourke do use frame numbers or at least they did on their earlier frames,

Where are they usually located? I've been all over my three with a bright torch, and I can't find a thing.

NeilM":32kjkvjk said:
Robbied196":32kjkvjk said:
Rourke do use frame numbers or at least they did on their earlier frames,

Where are they usually located? I've been all over my three with a bright torch, and I can't find a thing.

Mine was under the bottom bracket, No. 872. Built by Paul Washington paint by Bob Dawson. I can't find the date now but I think it was 1980, not sure that sheds any light on their numbering system :?

I'll check my 653 frame again, but I know there is nothing on either of my 853 frames, both of which are probably Jason's work.

Gadge":nlmy1by3 said:
Hi
I recentley posted Some photos of a bike I bought and the replies I got were really helpful.
I've sent an email to rourkes with the frame number which is 2156 (stamped on the frame and on the forks), hoping they could verify that it was actually a Rourke. As of yet they haven't replied, so i'm hoping someone might know if that sounds like a Rourke frame number!
When it was stripped the paint paint looked very original near the decals and on the openings of the tubes but it had been touched up (badly) over the years.

Any help would again be much appreciated

thanks Gary
Apart from the lack of wrapover seat stays the forks[if origonal] don`t look quite right

Back