nishiki e-stay.

videojetman":1axjb4qj said:
I need a 34.9 bottom pull front mech for this bike,
Can anyone help ?

I will have a look tomorrow for you, see what I have.

had some time on my hands today, so spent the morning getting this to a rideable state.
it isn't quite finished.
i have a set of xt cantilevers getting delivered.
i am also waiting on an xt rear mech.
but after doing a short ride all seems good, apart from the back brake screeching.
although i did have some issues with the front mech.
being the type with a band rather than a clamp, i couldn't get the front mech quite tight enough.
so after some attempts at getting it right, and scratching the paint :(
i came up with the idea of using the rubber from and old inner tube as a shim.
and it did the trick, the front mech works great now.
so all being well i should be riding this at the peaks ride in 2 weeks.
i am very pleased with this bike, and look forward to some nice rides.

Attachments

• IMG_5546.JPG
    IMG_5546.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_5545.JPG
    IMG_5545.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 760
Hey videojetman! Nice bike! This bike really looks like the stepsister of my Nishiki;) Just have a look at my thread! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=276935
It really seems like Rose Bocholt was the distributor for Nishiki in germay so the sticker is ledaing you in the right direction.
@incorrigible: You are rally insane :mrgreen: Nice collection!

Do you also have the "handcrafted by Takahashi" decal on the toptube next to the seat tube? I can only see the Rose decal...

So where are all the 91 Alien ACXs hiding?

...to answer your question. Two of the 1991 Alien ACX's are in Cologne. At first I bought a red Alien in 1990 and one year later I changed the frame to a brand new black ACX.
My question is, which original components did the black 1991 ACX had? I can't find any catalog.
Here you can see the 2 bikes another hard beaten 1990 ACX is waiting for a rebuild.
Cheers, Chris

Attachments

• Alien ACX_silver.jpg
    Alien ACX_silver.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 438
  • Alien ACX_black.jpg
    Alien ACX_black.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 438
Re: So where are all the 91 Alien ACXs hiding?

chrisXcross":33ecgnme said:
...to answer your question. Two of the 1991 Alien ACX's are in Cologne. At first I bought a red Alien in 1990 and one year later I changed the frame to a brand new black ACX.
My question is, which original components did the black 1991 ACX had? I can't find any catalog.
Here you can see the 2 bikes another hard beaten 1990 ACX is waiting for a rebuild.
Cheers, Chris
Wow! Beautiful!
Saw these on my morning Google search!
As the first responder to your post, can I have dibs on the black one if you decide to sell :D ?

Back