Bob Griffin - Campagnolo/Cinelli/Reynolds 531c/57 cm frame.

Steel or ally

• 1. Steel 531.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 2. Steel 753. (never buy with chromed forks).

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 3. Ally.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
For sale: 12 Speed Bob Griffin (Cheltenham frame maker). Aqua blue metallic. Full Campagnolo bike: Rear mech, front mech, brake levers, calipers, BB, chain set, hubs.

Saturn rims (used by the 1984 USA Olympic team). Apparently cannot be beaten for strength and weight and they are in great condition. No tyres.Two broken spokes replaced and the rear wheel trued as it needed minor re-alignment.

No dents to either of the rims. Campagnolo hubs, no skewers. 6 speed close range cassette (my LBS thinks it's a freewheel Stronglight). Reynolds 531c frame by Bob Griffin. 531 forks. Campagnolo rear drop outs on the rear stays.
Cinelli handlebars and stem.

This would make a fantastic bike. I've never been fortunate enough to own a Campagnolo spec bike but as I've just finished a project of my own, I need a break from another one.

This will be a lovely agile and well balanced smooth bike but it needs taking to the next stage by someone who has the desire and vision to see the potential of this iconic piece of British cycling history.

This is no pub bike and I will not sell it to someone who wants it for the frame as a single speed which is why I have chosen to advertise it on here to the more discerning buyer.

Serious interest welcomed and I will be happy to assist with reasonable requests for courier providing it is am or pm.

Price is £290.

Bike is located in Stroud, Gloucestershire.

Bike no longer posted for sale on here.

Attachments

• DSCN0472 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0472 (Medium).JPG
    128 KB · Views: 1,208
  • DSCN0473 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0473 (Medium).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,207
  • DSCN0474 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0474 (Medium).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 1,206
  • DSCN0475 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0475 (Medium).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,206
  • DSCN0476 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0476 (Medium).JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,206
  • DSCN0477 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0477 (Medium).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,207
Re: Bob Griffin - Campagnolo/Cinelli/Reynolds 531c/57 cm fra

I'm not sure if it's best to source a set of tub tyres to sell the bike or whether any prospective buyer would want to keep them. My LBS says they are rare and quite sought after but I'm not sure of their popularity. Any thoughts?

Is the front wheel smaller than the back wheel?

I know what you mean but it's just the angle of the bike. They're a matching same sized pair

Back