Bike grease, which type??

ellist

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Getting an old bike getting new wheel bearings. ATM I use bikehut teflon grease (the red stuff) seems ok. I was wondering what else is good. Was considering park tools PPL1 is it any good?

I use rock&roll super web grease,

Proper thick and gooey, perfect for bearings and seems to just last forever once it's packed in there..

For bearings you really want a teflon grease as there are moving parts involved. For things like seatpost etc that don't need to move constantly then Lithium grease is ok too.

Having said that, I use Castrol LM grease for my bike's bearings, and for my car as well :LOL:

I made a grease gun out of an old syringe ;)

I used to use molybdenum cv grease bitd it needed to be warmed up but seemed quite good. The bike hut stuff seems good and i really like the screw on grease gun thing too. I always have a niggling feeling that bike hut doesn't stand for good quality and cheap, but expensive wank.

I have used all sorts over the years and to be honest, I can't say that one is better than the other.

My wheels turn, my brakes brake and by bottom brackets...well...bracket things.

I have a tub of LM in the shed. I used that on my last few builds as it was cheap and I'd run out of posh Teflon stuff.

Back