Is this vintage bike worth it?

Robbied196":2keh8lqx said:
phospho":2keh8lqx said:

Still seems on the expensive side. Try searching for Reynolds 531 or Columbus frames, then you'll be off to good quality start

I would say it is still a better buy than the first one but possibly £50-£75 to much? The seller is a shop so probably having to make a reasonable profit compared to a private seller.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Old Ned":269jzw4g said:
I would say it is still a better buy than the first one but possibly £50-£75 to much? The seller is a shop so probably having to make a reasonable profit compared to a private seller.

I agree, it would be better if they were taking offers as well :)

I know nack all when it comes to road bikes but the old Peugeots really seem to offer good value for money.
I was looking at getting a Peugeot before I bought my road bike.
Some of them are built with good tubing ( as mentioned,Reynolds or Columbus) and good groupsets.
If you can find one local to save on postage,go for it

sausagefingers":1u508yuj said:
I know nack all when it comes to road bikes but the old Peugeots really seem to offer good value for money.
I was looking at getting a Peugeot before I bought my road bike.
Some of them are built with good tubing ( as mentioned,Reynolds or Columbus) and good groupsets.
If you can find one local to save on postage,go for it
thanks.. I think I will go for the one above.

sausagefingers":21beehn7 said:
Whoooah,hang on a minute.
First rule of Retrobike is never,ever EVER take advice from sausagefingers - ever :LOL:
No one else replies and the bidding ends soon :p. I'm sure you know more than me, anyway.

Back