ScoRPioN BrAkEdAncER fS 201 BUilD '(some crazy a$$ stuff..)'

oleskool

Dirt Disciple
i will upload some before pics sometime but here it is right now, got it back from the local powder coater today and a top job!

anyway onto the pictures..

n.o.s coaster mags! :D ooooh :D

vee rubbers!

also does anyone have a black one of these they would swap??

cheers,
Jake

Re: ScoRPioN BrAkEdAncER fS 201 BUilD '(some crazy a$$ stuff

God my old BMX!

I'd dearly love another one of these, I rode mine daily from about 8 to 13, then regularly rode it after that, loved that bike, it might have been built from cheap metal and components but it never broke anything.

Where did you find it?

at a classic car show in west wales, if you have some pictures i would love to see them!.. havent done much more on this... :(

will be done soon!

cheers,
Jake

I probably will have among my parents stuff, I presume you know but the spec should be:

White with yellow/red fadeout decals. An SCI badge on the front bearing the scorpion.
Chrome 2 piece bars, foam covers to the top bar of the bars and a thinner cover over the handlebar stem. Black seat on chrome post with freestyle script in gold. Black DX pedals on 1 piece cranks, black calipers and brake levers, black grips, black steel rimmed spoked wheels on black hubs, gumwall tyres.

To my knowledge that scorpion front number plate was never actually fitted, certainly mine and any of the others I saw didn't come with one.

I fitted my bike with a 5 speed block and rear mech with a band on shifter on the top tube, like I say I rode that bike for thousands of miles! Fantastic to see one again, I still love that twin top tube design.

I've seen some of these in the flesh and they look very cool - used to see the add in the mags all the time :cool:

the hard bit is the splitter from the lever to the calipers on the rear - might have to get made by some one ?

cheers B ;)

Mind didn't have a giro, it was just wired up normally. what it did have (that broke after a while and were replaced with insulating tape) were outer cable guides, they were a bit like a girls headband but obviously about 1.5" dia, with a small bump in the rim to clamp the cable outer to the top tube.

The black calipers may have had an mx symbol on them from memory? very similar design to the weinmann calipers used on raleigh bikes of the period.

yes, i know the spec. very well was almost all original when i got it but going with a slightly custom twist.. mine didnt have black brakes originally or shimano pedals had vp ones and weinmanns.
mine was the more updated one with 3 brakes and better tubing etc.. and mags unlike the older version, gotta see some b.i.t.d pictures now mate, dig em out :)

cheers for all the info by the way. im ony 14 so all the info helps.

cheers,
Jake

Back