Ebay - Jack Taylor Seller

Robbied196

Senior Retro Guru
I see there's been a bid on the Jack Taylor, link below. Just to advise any interested parties that I bought the 1950s bike which had been painted by Jack Taylor off the same seller last Sunday. Since payment I have had no bike and no reply to numerous messages left for the seller hellokittyscooterbabe. I requested their contact details through Ebay and the contact number they have is a company answerphone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/jack-taylor-t ... 20d682f50f

I've now raised a case with Ebay to which so far there has been no response. I can accept a delivery problem can cause delays but their complete lack of communication is very suspicious, The weird and wonderful world of Ebay!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Ebay - Jack Taylor Seller Warning

If you bought and paid for it off e-bay why doesn't that show up on the listing?

Hope it gets sorted but just curious.

Shaun

Midlife":3kqihakg said:
If you bought and paid for it off e-bay why doesn't that show up on the listing?

Hope it gets sorted but just curious.

Shaun

Hi Shaun, it wasn't the bike in the link I bought. They had another bike which ended last Sunday, that's the one I bought. I've sent numerous messages to the seller and now opened an Ebay case. I've had no response to any messages or reply to the case opened, so just warning the potential purchaser of the Jack Taylor that they may have similar problems.

Robbied196

Ah! You bought the green one with box lining, blimey looks nice :)

Shaun

to be honest im not surprised you havnt received the bike. coming from the sellers point of view, I wouldn't want to let it go for a poxy £200 as that is rather a nice example of a JT. for example, my mate paid £150 for a fairly haggard one that had less stiffness than an elastic band, so I would have expected that to reach double what you bid. im not condoning one bit what the seller has done, just putting across my opinion that the seller most likely didn't get what they wanted for it and is now having second thoughts.

Midlife":1l4o96qp said:
Robbied196

Ah! You bought the green one with box lining, blimey looks nice :)

Shaun

That's the one :)

'IF' I get get to see it!

Not sure what it is, but a 50s frame with Jack Taylor paintwork seem a pretty good combination.

I'm wondering if the seller expected a lot more than £200 which was the reserve set. I was surprised there were no other bidders. Even so, I'd expect at least some communication!

dav101":3keeb6h6 said:
to be honest im not surprised you havnt received the bike. coming from the sellers point of view, I wouldn't want to let it go for a poxy £200 as that is rather a nice example of a JT. for example, my mate paid £150 for a fairly haggard one that had less stiffness than an elastic band, so I would have expected that to reach double what you bid. im not condoning one bit what the seller has done, just putting across my opinion that the seller most likely didn't get what they wanted for it and is now having second thoughts.

Just seen your post at the same time I posted :)

I'm was thinking the same, but I guess on Ebay if you want more you should raise the reserve. The other Jack Taylor was set at £900.

However, the one I bought isn't a Jack Taylor, just Jack Taylor paint.

as per my post above, its definitely worth a fair bit more than £200.
if you have no joy through but do have an address id be more than happy to pop over to Middlesbrough as I live in Stockton, jacky t's hometown, which is the next town over
what was the company name that you kept being put through too?

edit: aahh I see, didn't realise it was just the paintjob. £200 seems a fair price for an unknown frame with a good paintjob, although I think we can safely assume you wouldn't have JT paint a shit frame, so again, seller probably thought they should have got more, but yeah, should have raised the reserve if they wanted more

Go round with 'the lads' and take the bike ;)

Back