1987 Raleigh Framesets Catalogue

Catalogue Raleigh Frame Brochure 1987-part SBDU!

I've been lucky enough to get an 8801 frame.
Can anyone confirm what thread the bottom brackets are?
I think I saw they are made by Cinelli, but the owner said it was English thread, which also sounds logical what with Raleigh being an English company.

forty45":2yfstzvz said:
I think I saw they are made by Cinelli, but the owner said it was English thread, which also sounds logical what with Raleigh being an English company.
A Cinelli BB shell can be English threaded.

I have the green/white/red 653 frame shown on at the top of the first attachment.
I think that is the type 8801 shown below it - but the colour scheme for the frame alongside it looks like red/white/blue.

Anyone able to explain?

Re:

sorry to bring an old post back to life , but i have just picked up a Type 8806 frameset and stumbled upon this post , some great info . My frame is not as tidy as those shown on this thread i bought it for some of the parts attached to it rather than the actual bike , so might end up sellng the frameset

Old Ned":1xojyr8q said:
forty45":1xojyr8q said:
A Cinelli BB shell can be English threaded.

The SBDU Cinelli BBs were offered in English thread, although Cinelli made them in Italian thread too.

Re: Raleigh GOD

I have one of these that I picked up for $10.00 AUD.
I’m getting it Prismatic Coated in the original colour, where can I get the original decals?

Latest posts

Back