off to the new forest......

hamster":moec2bfk said:
Awful noise from the Ryanair planes that come in at odd hours though. Most campsites in the forest have noise problems though, especially Stoney Cross, which otherwise is quiet nice.

see what I did there?

bearing in mind i live in the new forest so therefore i have never camped here but when i used to run cyclexperience in brockenhurst the most popular campsite was Roundhill about a mile outside of brock, i understand it has the best facilities but i can't say for sure, another one to try is Sethorns, it's near Sway about 2-3 miles outside of brock, both sites are off the main roads and bike tracks run through them.

:)

Setthorns IIRC is caravans only as you have to bring you own chemical toilet, no facilities other than a dump station.

didn't know that but i have seen tents in there, i ride through there on my Burley training route

we booked a pitch at setthorns.....we had a confirmation email on the phone but they still messed up, they took our money but didn't reserve us a pitch. they blamed the fact that we booked at 23:59pm....and payment went through at 00:01 am......!

roundhill was full....as was everywhere it turned out! we stayed in an independant site opposite hollands wood......called long meadow. then we ventured north past rufus stone to godshill.....great part of the forest! apart from the gangs of gauze bushes hanging about on field corners.....one jumped out in front of the mrs while riding back from the pub!!! attacked her leg quite bad!!! :shock:

Back