Please sign this petition

signed
I signed this as even though I live up north, I feel this could be a bit of a bugger if this Huggins gets his way and scuppers the ride as it would IMO be a massive two fingers to cyclists of the UK, adding even more strength to the feelings that cyclists are inferior, second class citizens and can be pushed about as it were

In the Yorkshire Dales National Park the average car visitor spends £4 in the community, the average cyclist spends £9. I suspect similar motorist/ cyclist proportions can be found in other areas of the country. So if Surrey (Amazingly it's a place that actually exists as well as a cricket team. I wonder if anyone lives there?) tea shop owners and publicans suddenly find their profits have taken a hammering because cyclists feel the area is off limits, then they know which local busybody to blame.

I cycle in Surrey, and unfortunately I can see why people get p!55ed off! :(

The roads can be filled with 5 deep "cyclists" (Sportive types whom spend £100+ on a Rapha top, but ride like a d!ck) whom don't know how to ride in a bunch on the road.

The "motorist" (4x4 types whom spend £40k+ on a Land Rover, but drive like a d!ck) whom pass cyclists within a hair's breadth and speed from coffee shop to pilates class with no thought for any road user, whatsoever.

Surrey is Surrey. Let it pass. Signing it will not change anything. :roll:

Back