The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

drystonepaul":2gyhhq3m said:
Anyone fancy joining me for a recce of the Peaks route in the next couple of weeks?

Could do a weekend or a weekday, whatever fits in...

Sounds good.... for me, weekends best though.

I'm thinking of going to Whinlatter next weekend (prob the Sunday) to do the Altura trail (north and south loop) for the first time as well if anyone wants to join me?

Just printed out a route map and watched a few YouTube vids to give me a rough idea of where I'm going and what to expect!

Peaks ride itself falls on the weekend of my birthday so there's a chance I'll be otherwise engaged... :?

:D

Good fun Whinlatter - can get up some proper speed, unlike a lot of trail centres, which is great until it runs away with you! Definitely one of the best centres. Watch out for the steps at the very top as you start to descend, and have fun! ;)

elPedro666":c17wcd97 said:
I'll drop off the back with you Gav ;)

Any dates in mind oh great leader?

Would have joined you but doing the Manchester 100 next weekend, have a good one ;)

drystonepaul":v1kw3ijg said:
Also need to do a recce on the Lake District road ride. I've worked out the route but could do with checking out a few sections I've not ridden before. The route is a shade under 40 miles but packs in 5134 ft of climbing.
Stunning scenery though...

What's the route Paul? Did you pre-ride this? I'd be up for a reccy ride if you've not already done it

I won't be able to make the Jennings ride. It's the day after the Peaks National ride and I've suggested leading a ride on that Sunday for anyone who is staying over.

Anyway, on to the Lakes road ride on Saturday 21st Sept. It's looking unlikely I'll be able to recce the route before the actual ride. I have ridden about 50% of the roads included before though. It's just the southern section after the pub stop which may prove navigationally tricky in places. No major worries though.

The road ride starts from Coniston so I'm also proposing running the previously snow cancelled Lake District off road ride the day after on the Sunday for anyone who wants to try it out.
It means that I can make a weekend of it and camp or B&B on the Saturday night.

Anyone up for either ride before I go ahead and announce anything?

That sounds like a superb idea Paul, great thinking! I've got a provisional booking in the calendar - I'd say it's 95% on for me, although the road ride's going to kill me...

Do you have accommodation in mind?

Reckon the Sunday of the Peaks is a goer too - if Spence doesn't wipe me out like last year...

And the year before :oops:

:LOL:

Back