1990 17" Kona Lava Dome restoration project

I'll do my best ;) I did actually buy a 1992 Wheeler 7700 with a Deore DX groupset off ebay with the intention of using the DX as a donor for this Kona. (Look at my other post), but Didnt expect it to be in such an original condition. Since then the missus seems to have taken a fancy to it! Its her size and more importantly it's pink!! so I guess its staying in one piece :roll: just got a Tange BB for the Kona off ebay. Next jobs are headset and lacing the suntour hubs back on to the Araya RX-7 Rims.

Re:

Hi I'm new to this forum but am impressed with the knowledge some of the guys have of Kona's. I have a 1990 Lava dome Exactly like the white one restored here in this post. It has given me the the needed push to decide whether to bring it back to life or buy a new bike. how do I get in touch with Gil_M? Nice work. Do you have a picture of the bike completed?

Re:

I would, its a no brainer. The blast and powdercoat cost about £35 here in Peterborough plus the decals from gil made it extra special. :eek:

Re: Re:

Spoonthumb":2e4rmtge said:
Hi I'm new to this forum but am impressed with the knowledge some of the guys have of Kona's. I have a 1990 Lava dome Exactly like the white one restored here in this post. It has given me the the needed push to decide whether to bring it back to life or buy a new bike. how do I get in touch with Gil_M? Nice work. Do you have a picture of the bike completed?

Search for gil_m on here and send him a PM or email gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

Back