Best/cheapest way to send tyres/bars etc now...??

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Want to have a Bank Hol clear out and I know there's tyres and handlebars to sell on, which whilst they won't be going for much, the post will be a killer. Any thoughts, bearing in mind I live in a quite rural area and don't have access easily to any of the drop off points for the likes of MyHermes, etc??

Yes, the length of bars now defeats the fact that the parcel is easily in the 'small parcel' bracket and 200-400g, According to new categorisation of parcels. I tend to roll in cardboard atleast 2-ply and tape up well, the cost still hits me at £4-5 though.

Tyres? I used to get a pair folded similar to above link and get them off for 3-4 quid! Now, i expect £7-10.

Tescos - Richmond Irish Sausages - Bear with me here :D

You can buy a box of 16 (yes sixteen) sausages for a couple of quid (well, a couple of quid each if you buy three)

You can then cook and eat all the sausages :p

So you have eaten loads of snags and what next - you have 3 boxes left - this is the good bit :p

Each box is quite capacious and you can add them together and they fit in the appropriate size post office orifice for much cheapness in delivery.

Doesn't work for bike frames though :cry:

You need to shop around:
Post Office,
myhermes
interparcel
etc.

I sold some forks that were 76cm long and dropped it off at a myhermes place for £5.40 they weighed 3kg.
I believe this price is for anything up to 120cm long and 5kg in weight. So should be find for a frame.
A lot of couriers won't cover bikes or frames now though, so check first!

Back