Chinese Oakleys

I don't think we should be looking to Ebay for moral standards sir!

As far as wishing a cyclist gets run over by a bus. I reckon this is the wrong forum for that kind of sentiment.

Techodup> I bet you shop in ASDA.

Can everyone just cool their jets please! OP I reckon you've satisfied your venting and query and I don't think there's anything else to add to this one.

minor_LEGEND":3vm2dmqz said:
Thats quite a vindictive statement simply due to the fact I chose to purchase some cheap eyewear.
Cheap eyewear is fine as I alluded to before. Cheap copies/fakes/counterfeits are not. I look at this from a company/brand/marketing pov but others could equally point to dubious money trails and other criminal activities of fakers. If the boot was on the other foot you wouldn't like it.

If it was so morally-wrong ebay shouldnt allow it in the 1st place.
Code:
It's someone else's fault I tried to defraud Oakley.

Heres hoping you get run over by a bus on your way home from work, A-hole!
Home safe and sound. Try again tomorrow.

highlandsflyer":3vm2dmqz said:
Techodup> I bet you shop in ASDA.
Not sure I see where you're going but for the record I shop mainly in Sainsburys and Lidl. I wish the bastards hadn't built the Sainsbury's 50 feet from my front door because eggs really shouldn't cost that much, but it's just too convenient. Asda is a bit shit. Tesco don't have a big store on the southside that I can think of. Morrisons have several so do some there from time to time. For some stuff like chicken I use Abdul because he likes to haggle and the wee guy in Morrisons thinks you're a mentalist if you ask.

Think I've covered it all there.

hamster":1o4q0due said:
I wouldn't wear them, personally. There is no guarantee that the lenses are shatterproof or safe. Frankly I'm not prepared to gamble my sight on saving £70 or so.

A supplier that can fake branded merchandise can easily fake BSI CE/TuV safety marks as well.
Companies that manufacture legitimately in the far East don't exactly have a good record of treating their assembly workforce well (I.E how you would wish to be treated if you clipped together sunglasses all day long), counterfeit plants are not places that are going to throw open their doors to welfare inspectors, so even poor local labour and safety laws will not be enforced.
Counterfeiting is NOT a victimless crime- although I can understand that peoples' hearts are not exactly going to bleed at the thought of all that money which a multinational corporation might loose!- and Customs authorities all over the world have a remit to confiscate counterfeit goods, whether it be in bulk to disrupt organised crime, or individually to prevent shoddy goods entering the country. For good examples I recommend anyone who is interested reads "Enforcement, enforcement, enforcement, the story of the development of an investigative force within HM Customs and Excise to combat evasion" by Roy Brisley.
Your dodgy fake Oakleys have probably been smashed up with a big hammer.

In the 80's there was a lot of hoo hah over Japanese 'Fender' guitars...

...mainly because they were actually better than those made in the USA at the time!

Personally I fail to understand why people buy fake stuff, if you want something, buy it, if that is expensive, fine, if you want something cheap, buy something cheap. If you want something that is expensive but can't afford it, take the time and effort to save up and buy it and appreciate it, don't buy fake stuff.

Don't be "Oh look I got fake oakleys, they look like the real thing, but cost 1/10000 the price, all those muppet posers that paid full price...of course it it get hit with a splash of mud the lense might shatter and poke my eye out, or theres no UV protection whatsoever, but my cheap copies are sooo much better and only makes me a wannabe poser rather than just a poser"

i just don't get it.

I can't see the logic to buy inferior copied products that may put your health/life/limb at risk, are you mad.

If you shop around there are plenty of outlets that sell genuine products at discounted prices, although initially the cost seems more, you know that you have the manufactures guarantee and the piece of mind that the product has undergone stringent safety and quality checks.

you may have bought a pair of ahem 'sunglasses' off the local market if you wanted a cheap product.

FMJ":kf7tfuch said:
Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
Page semi-protected

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

You are a troll.

T

sound like most of the people who reply to my posts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back