off to the new forest......

zetecmk2

Senior Retro Guru
now! if you see a bloke with a yellow mohican riding a san andreas from pub to pub in the next few days.......that'll be me! bye :LOL:

Awful noise from the Ryanair planes that come in at odd hours though. Most campsites in the forest have noise problems though, especially Stoney Cross, which otherwise is quite nice.

hamster":1562mayi said:
?.........Most campsites in the forest have noise problems though.........

When camping locally I find a bottle of red always alleviates being disturbed from ones slumber :cool:

retrocomeback":2tv9o9rq said:
hamster":2tv9o9rq said:
?.........Most campsites in the forest have noise problems though.........

When camping locally I find a bottle of red always alleviates being disturbed from ones slumber :cool:

To be honest, I usually find the exercise is enough! :oops:

Last time I camped at Stoney Cross was 1988!

I don't recall anything but peaceful stays in the New Forest but stopped camping there by the mid nineties, favouring the coast.

Looking forward to getting back to regularly visiting.

highlandsflyer":uextb9xj said:
Last time I camped at Stoney Cross was 1988!

I don't recall anything but peaceful stays in the New Forest but stopped camping there by the mid nineties, favouring the coast.

Looking forward to getting back to regularly visiting.

Sadly the local authority owned 'forest' camp sites, like Holmsley, Ocknell (Stoney Cross) and many others have in recent times been leased out to a private company from Coventry. As a result prices have gone through the roof compared to where they were but there has been little or no reinvestment in facilities as was originally promised.

Thankfully some local entrepreneurs have seized on this opportunity to start up some well run, well resourced, independent camp sites. The best I've been to is a relatively new one called Embers Camping http://www.emberscamping.co.uk/, it's only 5 miles down the road from me in Beaulieu on a farm, but it feels like a million miles away if required, bliss :cool:

Back